Monday 9 September 2013

Slow down and smell the flowers

Summer in Japan is the best season for partying. I call this season the 3Fs - festivals, fireworks and food season. This is the time for beer gardens and BBQs! But with all these partying, one can easily forget to slow down and appreciate the simple pleasures of life.

As for me, after attending 3 fireworks (I actually only managed to see one firework) and countless summer festivals, I am a little exhausted. And to tell the truth, I almost forgot about this wonderful seasonal treat!!

Anyway, I remembered and one early morning, I took the train to Ueno station and headed to the nearby Shinobazu pond. At this time of the year, this place is filled with beautiful lotus.


Not to mention, it was really nice to walk around the lotus pond as it was calm and peaceful especially in the morning.



Here in Shinobazu pond, there is no hurry. It is a place where you can relax and walk around the pond and appreciate the beautiful lotuses.





The best time to catch these beauties is in the morning so come early!!!  Or better still, bring your breakfast here and sit in one the park benches to appreciate them. I assure you that after one hour with the lotuses, you will feel so renewed and ready to go back to face the world.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...