Monday 9 September 2013

Blue waters

I have never seen water so blue like in a painting but it is real. There are blue waters and the waters can be found in the beautiful country of Slovenia! I was lucky to be able to visit Slovenia after a conference. I had such a good time meeting people and making new friends!
Slovenia is such a beautiful country with so many natural wonders that it is not doing it justice for just one post. Some of my favourite places in Slovenia is Lake Bled. As everyone knows, there is a beautiful island church in a lake.

The church from far

The view from the top was also awesome! I can't stop taking picture of this little island from different angle but I like this picture the best!
 The church up close
Our boatman

I stayed at this hotel, Villa Preseren which my Slovenian friend informed me that it is currently the hippest hotel in that area. I choose that hotel because it is small and boutique-like therefore I assumed the service will be more personalized and less crowded than some of the bigger hotels in that area. Little that I know that every rich and wanna-be-famous people in Slovenia want to stay in Villa Preseren. Well, I have no complains about the room (I choose the smallest room away from the restaurant) but the service... let's just say they need more staffs and more training to be attentive. Maybe I am asking too much especially being used to Japanese excellent service. 


From the villa, it is a short 15mins walk to the castle Bled. I tried to have dinner there but guess what, they are fully booked for the night so maybe it is best to call ahead and make a reservation. But one thing I must say, the food in Slovenia is so, so fresh!! I was nursing a bad cold during this trip but thanks to the freshness of the food, I was healthy again!


2 comments:

  1. I like the hotel room that is given in this blog actually I also wants to know about the Hotels in Bluewater from where I can easily stay with my family in the weekends...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kevin, Thanks for your comment. I just happen to be lucky to choose this room at this hotel but I am sorry that I don't know much about other hotels in this area especially the ones for family. Maybe it is better for you to get an apartment? Hope this helps.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...