Sunday 27 October 2013

Early autumn in Okutama



My hunger for fresh air strikes again. This time, the target is Okutama. The plan is to hike/walk and take pictures of the autumn leaves, but I went too early so it was still green with a slight hint of yellow. But the hike was totally worth it. Autumn is equally beautiful when it is early.



After visiting the tourist information office, I started my trail from Okutama station.


It was a beautiful day and I was in a beautiful natural setting. The trail which is along the river, near the base of Mt. Mitake in Ome was really a nice way to spend a beautiful day.




When I was there, the river was a bit low and dry.


The trail is between gravel and paved way connected by several pedestrian bridges.




Towards the end of our walk, we saw people rafting down the river. I guess due to the calm waters, kayakers choose this place to practice their rolls. We also saw a couple of people fishing with long poles.

We found this suspension bridge (Hatonosu-Kobashi Bridge) over the Tamagawa River which provides a nice photo opportunity.







Okutama station (奥多摩駅) is easily accessible from Shinjuku using the JR Ome line with transfer at Ome (青梅). The train trip is slightly over 2hours (1,050yen per way).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...