Tuesday 12 November 2013

Golden leaves on sunny autumn day at the Showa Kinen Koen


My favourite season, autumn, is here!!! After 7 years in Japan, I have learnt how to appreciate the changing of the season better. And Japan has made the learning easy for me with all the announcement of seasonal food in the restaurants and eateries. Now, I absolutely look forward to the changing of the leaves and feel the slowly cooling in the temperature. 




Another thing I love about this season is the sun! I love basking in the autumn sun and feel the warmth on your skin. After a cold night on 11th Nov, we had a short sunny day which I took it as an opportunity for photography and a walk in the park. I went to the Showa Kinen Park to see the gingko lane and the Japanese garden.

My first time seeing the golden leaves of the gingko trees left me a vivid memory till today. A carpet of yellow leaves on the ground... And I am given another chance to recapture the moments again this time.




The Japanese garden in Showa Kinen Park is especially busy with photographers, amateur and professional alike, during this time.


I think that this is the most beautiful time in the Japanese garden too. The display of green, yellow and red leaves makes quite a spectacular sight.



I love this picture of fallen leaves on the water.


As you explore this park, you will see many people just come over to enjoy the scenery or just being alone. 



I love to come here and sit for a minute or two to enjoy the peacefulness. I guess I am introvert and happy to be one. 


To get to the Showa Kinen Park:
From Shinjuku, take JR Chuo Line (40 minutes) or the Ohme Limited Express (30 minutes).

On JR Chuo Line, get off at Tachikawa Station and walk 10 minutes to Akebono Gate (450yen).
On JR Ohme Line, get off at Nishi Tachikawa Station and walk 2 minutes to Nishitachikawa Gate (450yen).

Where is your favourite park in Tokyo in autumn?

2 comments:

  1. "I guess I am introvert and happy to be one." Ditto. Introvert and hermit! That's why I'm always trying to find kōyō spots that haven't been discovered by the masses yet. An impossible mission? No, not really. ^^

    Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ru!

    Thanks! Yes, undiscovered kōyō spots are the ultimate mission for all introverts :) Definitely not mission impossible! I simply love to trek off the beaten track, get myself a bit lost and hopefully, stumble upon an ultimate dream spot! ^^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...