Sunday 9 February 2014

Japan Photo Blog: Snowiest snow we ever had

Today is the day when winter decided to grant my wish and dump it all on Tokyo - the snow!!! Finally, we are getting the snow. Lots and lots and lots of snow!!!


It felt like the Tohoku winter. The wind was strong and almost like a blizzard.


Umbrellas were useless in it. I saw some broke right in front of my eyes. 
What do I do on this lovely day? Sit in the coffee shop, sipping hot coco and watch people's umbrella fly off ;) Okay, it is not too funny when your umbrella flies off on you but as a witness to that incident, yes, it looked pretty funny.
I saw lots of snowmen in the parks and took lots of photos and videos of the blizzard.


The streets were quite empty and so was the Starbucks near where I stay (usually it is impossible to get a seat). Today, a lovely seat in front of a window to look out onto the empty walkway in the snow. 
It snowed all day and perhaps all the way into the night too! 
Bundle up, Tokyoites!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...