Saturday 4 January 2014

Okinawa : Hiking in Daisekirinzan 3

This post is the last part of my hiking adventure and about Daisekirinzan, the green-coded Subtropical Nature Forest trail is a trail leading through the jungle. And as I have mentioned before, this last trail, features my favourite tree, the banyan tree or known as the gyajumaru in Japanese.


I love the banyan tree, although this tree has an ill reputation and superstitions surrounding the beautiful tree. It is believed that the banyan tree is a home for the spirits. When I was young, I was warned not to play near the banyan tree.


Despite all that, the banyan tree became my favourite tree. I have admired the fact that its seeds germinate in the cracks and crevices on a host tree that will one day grow into a big supportive root. To me, this tree symbolizes strength to grow from nothing to independence.



Ever since, I left my hometown, I see lesser and lesser of this tree and I am so over-the-moon to see it growing big and strong in Daisekirinzan. Most visitors will walk this trail as the last trail as it is the only trail that connects from the first entrance near the car park. Or you can also start this trail first if you do not want to take the bus up to the rest area.


As like many famous trails, it is already a well-beaten one, but you can still find something that can fascinate you at Daisekirinzan. Personally, I will go there again.

So will you include Daisekirinzan in your trip to Okinawa?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...